Calculator for fraction numbers, rational numbers
The calculation with fractions or rational numbers is possible using the setting "rat" in the calculator.
The input of fractions is done by numerator, fraction line "/" and denominator. There are up to 10000
decimal digits available for numerator and denominator, respectively.
For the calculation with fraction numbers there are following arithmetic operations:
- The 4 basic arithmetic operations addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Cancelling down of fractions by entering a fraction number and pressing the equality key on the fraction calculator
- Logarithm calculation
- Trigonometric functions sine, cosine and tangent and the corresponding inverse functions
- Hyperbolic functions
- Conversion between fraction numbers and floating-point numbers if the result is available as a fraction number
- Factorial calculation
- Binomial coefficient "n choose k" with a rational number "n" and a natural number "k"
If the result of a calculation cannot be represented as a fraction number because either the result
is not rational or an overflow in the fraction number in numerator or denominator arises
the fraction calculator displays an approximated value.